of District Institute of Education and Training (DIET) Kamrup
- DIET, Kamrup, Mirza works as a platform for research and experimental works in the educational domain.
- It organizes training for both the in-service and pre-service teachers in new innovation. Short term need based training on different school subjects and different areas like planning and management, educational technology, science etc.
- Providing academic school support and extension service to elementary schools and community like guidance, development of teaching learning materials, evaluation tools etc.
- Faculty members are engaged in eleven educational blocks including metro district as block in charge.
- According to the problem raised in the schools, action research and study researches are doing in the field of quality education.
- One of the main thrusts is to improve and enrich the academic equipment of elementary school teachers.
- The main function is for the overall development of school education in elementary level and the secondary education of the district.
Functions of PSTE branch:
- Organisation of Pre-service teacher Education for elementary teachers.
- Providing guidance service in schools.
- Provide inputs to other branches of DIET.
- Promotion of child centred education, preparation of aids and action research.
Functions of work experience branch:
- Provide work experience inputs in all programmes of DIET.
- Maintain workshop work related hobbies.
- Maintenance of DIET.
Functions of ET Branch:
- Development of simple low cost teaching aids for various subjects relation to elementary education.
- Maintenance of audio-visual aids and equipments.
- Provide inputs to other pre-service and in-service programmes.
- Linkage to all the branches of DIET technically.
Functions of DRU Branch:
- To support educational authorities in planning and co-ordination of training programmes.
- To serve as the nodal branch for organising programmes of induction training and continuing education for instructors and supervisors organised in DIET.
- To evaluate and monitor the quality and efficacy of training programmes in and outside DIET.
- DIET Kamrup is Extending research work in the field of Educational Communication and its impact.
- To undertake field interaction.
Functions of P&M branch:
- To prepare educational planning for DIET.
- To provide assistance to educational authorities in school mapping, micro plans for UEE in area specific group, institutional planning and evaluation.
Functions of IFIC Branch:
- Planning and co-ordination of in-service education.
- Serve as a reference/resource centre.
- To facilitate dissemination of information and co-ordination of activities.
Functions of CMDE Branch:
- Development of curriculum for elementary education and elementary teacher education.
- To give attention in Assessment to be undertaken in DIET.
- To give support in all evaluation related works in DIET.