District Institute of Education and Training (DIET) Kamrup
District Institute of Education and Training (DIET) Kamrup was established on 1st September 1989 at Sarpara, Mirza of Kamrup district. The Institution has been grown up with the glorious stage of Basic Training Centre, Mirza since 1960 and put an end to the era, it transforms into District Institute of Education & Training (DIET) under the privilege and purview of New Education Policy, 1986 as a first phase DIET in the State of Assam, India.
- To contribute to the District, to the State and to the Nation through excellence in Education
- Research and Training which will inspire the teachers and the prospective teachers to work for holistic and sustainable development of Education
- To transform the institute as the centre of excellence in Education, Research and Training
- To provide academic and resource support at the grassroots level of elementary education and as per latest with the policy of Samagra Sikshya
- To identify the field level needs, area of specialization upon which the institute can concentratea
- To undertake collaborative steps with our Apex body and the field level functionaries to attain sustainable development of education and Universalisation of Elementary and Secondary Education
The main focus areas of DIET:
- The main focus area of DIET to impart adequate skill training to Pre-Service and In-Service Teachers. In pursuance of the instruction of its apex body and as per need at ground level, training has been imparted for the professional growth of Skilled & Unskilled Teachers, Leadership, Management, Educational Communication, Educational Technology, Inclusive Education, Early Childhood Care Education, ICT etc.
- DIET is focussing as a integrated unit of Academic as well as Supportive supervision at the school as a part of Block Level Academic Core Group.
- DIET is regularly conducting the Two year D.El.Ed course on Pre-Service training both for Lower Primary (LP) and Upper Primary (UP). In LP, The intake capacity is 100 numbers per year comprising 50 numbers for the LP and other 50 for UP standard.
- Two year B.Ed course started in September 2016 with intake of 50 recognized by NCTE, Bhubaneswar and affiliated under Gauhati University, Assam. DIET has been rendering B.Ed course for both Pre-Service and In- Service Teacher trainees.
- To stand as a front line organisation in rendering leadership in the innovation of Pre-Service and In-Service Teacher Training.
- To develop innovative and creative academic learning materials as well as resources for quality learning.
- To provide support to district elementary schools for implementing quality education.
- To conduct both Pre-Service and In-Service Teachers Training and in line of that to make a resource pool for Educational Research and actions.
- Most of the faculties are having specialities in the development of text book and other Teaching Learning Materials. Accordingly the faculties have been engaged in the development of text books under the supervision and guidance of SCERT for many years.
- Preparation of state level and district level teachers training module.
- Development of curriculum of teacher training.
- Development of evaluation tool for different teachers training as well as for Gunotsav.
- Faculties are engaged in different state level and district level teacher training programmes as RP, KRP and SRP.
- DIET Officers are regularly involving as evaluators for different evaluation programme of the Department of Education, Govt. of Assam.
Remarkable records of DIET Kamrup in imparting of Training:
- 2468 no’s of elementary level teachers were imparted in service training since inception.
- 224 no’s of LP & 318 UP in service teachers have already completed two year D.El.Ed course till the year 2010.
- 68 no’s of trainees had completed PSTE training in 2000-2002 & 63 had completed in 2002-2004.
- PSTE training restarted in 2012.
- 36 no of PSTE trainees admitted in 2012-14.
- 59 no of PSTE trainees admitted in 2013-15.
- 93 no of PSTE trainees admitted in 2014-15.
- 98 no of PSTE trainees admitted in 2015-17.
- 78 no of PSTE trainees admitted in 2017-19.
- 90 no of PSTE trainees got admitted in 2018-20.